Winter Blues

There are days when we all experience the winter blues, feeling lifeless, lonely and a bit depressed. But in nature when a winter day really turns blue it is anything but lifeless and depressing.  It is a moment of calmness and serenity.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

When the forest is so still that you can hear your heart beat.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

When you can imagine yourself light as a feather
high above the world ready to take off and fly.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

In that quiet moment your mind lets go and suddenly
you are soaring higher and higher.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

Forgetting the garden once filled with flowers where now a blanket of snow bars you from even entering the gate.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

Just taking your time and really noticing how
beautiful a winter blue day can be.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

Letting go of those concerns that tend to
bury you when feeling weighted down.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

Those moments when nature says,
just look at me I am feeling blue also.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

I may feel cold and alone, but God is all around me
waiting to warm my soul again.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

The thought of his presence keeps
my life ready to bloom again.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

In a world where snow covered trees will soon again burst forth with green from the warmth of his touch.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

But for now the winter blues still exist, so like a reflection I dream of God’s presence surrounding me also.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

As the clouds move in and the day begins to draw to an end.  I find myself grounded again, but with renewed thoughts of how wonderful a winter blue day can be when I know I am surrounded by God’s presence.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

Moments of stillness and serenity were experienced.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

 

As night draws near I say goodbye to the winter blues where the moon meets a star as they fade over the hill.

Photo by Here I Am/Carrie

Like a snowbird who flies south, I will be heading for the desert in California for the remainder of the winter.

May you also find God’s presence
even when feeling the winter blues.
Have a
Good Morning…   Good Afternoon…  Good Night…
Whatever it is to you.

Photo & Words
by
Here I Am/Carrie

17 comments:

Gerry Adams said...

Beautiful snow pics Carrie! I'm glad our snow has now melted, because of the mess that the ice storm which followed it caused here. I hope you have a nice trip!

Marco Alpha said...

Hello Carrie,
Great shots of these snowy landscapes!!
Wonderful to see these images. Fantastic!!

Greetings, Marco

TexWisGirl said...

really beautiful images. safe travels to a warmer climate!

Beth said...

Beautiful photos and words Carrie. Thank you! I hope your vacation in California is wonderful.

Horst in Edmonton said...

Have a good trip, Carrie. Enjoy the sun.

Ramblingon said...

Carrie, I can't comment on your bloggie on Google+. It seems they want you to be a member of it in order to comment unless I am mistaken. I wanted you to know I keep clicking and going there only to have to leave. Google is too invasive for me. :-( Just my thought. But love ya and I didn't want you to think Katie and I are just sitting there doing nothing. xoxox

NITA said...

Hi Carrie,

Great pictures and words, thank you for sharing.

God Bless - Hugs Nita.

Joe said...

I'm with you about the seasons. Winter is a love/hate thing for me too. It's been quite mild for us thus far but when we do get snow it can come down pretty good and I can feel those moments of claustrophobia but it does have serenity as well and you've gone above and beyond to capture that!

Victor said...

Hi Carrie ... beautiful pictures, really spectacular, transmit these moments of peace, where everything trancurre more slowly, where the silence get you to be with yourself.

Thanks for sharing

lisa said...

Wonderful series Carrie!

Light-In-A-Box said...

Truely beautiful pictures Carrie! Even with all that snow these photos are warm & comforting..
You folks take care in sunny California!

Arti said...

What wonderful captures and gripping narration. Your pics are just so serene and heavenly. You live in a very beautiful place.
Its great that you felt the presence of God there, have a fabulous day Carrie:)

anniejanae said...

Hi Carrie, I'm glad I checked it - it's been about a week, but what a nice surprize to find your post in the blog updates at WP this morning, now that feature is working for me it will be easier to keep up, yay!
I agree with Arti on the "gripping narration", what a nice touch you have. Also enjoying how beautiful your pictures are of all that snow, definely can get the blues thing though if no sunshine. Just so glad we have it some here, and I hope you're basking in better weather where you are now("-")

Caregiver said...

Beautiful as usual. As a California Girl I envy your winter retreat. Enjoy and I hope we get some great pics from there as well.

Arti said...

Hi Carrie,
Waiting for your posts! Miss your beautiful pics and lucid narration.
Hope you are having a wonderful year.

Lisa RedWillow said...

So much Beauty in your images and word. Hope this finds you well , soaking up the sun and growing your flowers.
I dont know who can capture winter as beautiful as you Carrie.
Have a wonderful time .
Deep Peace and Love to you
Lisa xo

Heidi said...

Your blog and pics are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more. Greetings...Heidi