A Journey from my Camera’s Eye

 From my mountains in British Columbia Canada thru central Washington to the ocean at Seaside Oregon in the United States.  I share my visual journey thru my camera’s eye.

 

Lenore Lake Region
Canyon walls that rise so high,
carved from torrent ice age floods
transforming the landscape forever.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

Soap Lake Sundial
Pointing to the heavens so that time can be told.
 Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

Columbia River Landscape
Rooted to a million dollar view.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

Running of the Horses
Shadows that roam free and wild.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon 

 

Seaside at Night
Alone in the night following where my eye leads.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

Day Time at Seaside
A dogs view of the beach.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

Days End at Seaside
Twilight casts its glow for those that linger behind.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

Lamplight at Seaside
Lighting the way at night
in a sea full of darkness.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

Stone Hedge Memorial
A mirage standing alone on the barren landscape.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

The Windmills
In my mind they generate both
positive and negative thoughts.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

Columbia River
So big and blue as it
snakes thru the barren landscape.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon  

 

Chief Joseph Dam
Energy of man looms over the energy of nature.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

Patients my Dear
Being patient and still, finally that elusive
visitor comes to me.
Road Trip Princeton to Seaside Oregon

 

Spirit Lake Fire
The spirits were angered this day as man had
started this fire.
Fighting Fires

 

Valley of Haze
Thru the smoke filled sky’s, the glory of the sun
still cast its glow on the valley.
Fighting Fires

 

Nearing Home
Charging to meet the setting sun.
Smoky Setting Sun and Bull  

 In all your travels may your have a

Good Morning… Good Afternoon…  Good Night…

Whatever it is to you.

Photos and Words
by

Here I Am/Carrie

 

 

 

 

25 comments:

Beth said...

The pictures are all very good. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them.

Dianne ... Walking In His Grace said...

Carrie , I so enjoyed the journey you share, and you have a great eye, and capture it all so well. Breathtaking views through your lens, each and everyone of them.
Hope to find you well and having a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Dianne :)

Rocket Man said...

Oh, Carrie, they're all so beautiful!

Here I Am/Carrie said...

To all my visiting friends here thank you so much for coming by to see my travels on a recent trip. Life right now is busy with picking cherries, berries and much watering. Also company is coming and going. It had been almost a month since I last blogged here , summer has been so busy, just wanted to get this out to let you know I am still here just been busy. Will catch up with all of you soon miss seeing what you are up too. The nights are slowly coming sooner ending my days earlier. Hugs Carrie

john bord said...

summer day to an early summer eve
the time of flying past
yet moments are captured
thank you for the journey

penelopephoebe said...

Some of these photos left me breathless with wonder. Thank you for brightening my day.

Joe said...

Absolutely wonderful as I've come to expect from you my friend. I think that is truly some amazing countryside!

Mei said...

Beautiful photos Carrie, are they all your pics? WOW... i like the horses up on top the mountain... thankyou for sharing, have a good Sunday. Mei

Toodie said...

The pics and verse are awesome !

Horst in Edmonton said...

Carrie, you have some awesome images there, and your blog is super.

Lisa RedWillow said...

How very very beautiful Carrie. Love your view thought your lens on your recent trip.
The light at night on the wall is significant to me and love it.
Hugs

Light-In-A-Box said...

Wow! thanks for sharing your wonderful photos Carrie. Just fantastic! :-)

Gerry said...

Great pics Carrie. Seaside / Canon Beach is one of my favorite places to go. We were there last Summer.

Hope said...

Hi Carrie, I am sorry I thought I had posted here the other day..guess not.."smile".I am so happy that you were able to visit with your family and had that wonderful time at the beach.. I love the photos you took..its neat that we were able to see some of the same things on our trip to the coast..its been a good summer for many of us this year. memories that we will cherish for a life time. hope your day is very special.. soft hugs

Hope said...

Hi again.. had to come back and see all of this again.. like the horse statues.. when I was this on the way back to Montana, I thought to my self what a wonderful elussion that would create as the sun goes down.. they look so real. I love how you captured them.. and the windmills.. my heavens.. there were miles and miles and miles of them.. your capture brought out their beauty..
and the Stone Hedge that man built.. wonderful wonderful capture.. there was a castle up a little further that he also built.. I so wanted to stop for these unusual and awesome sights on the way back.. but my dad was driving..he is going to be 90 this Dec.. so asking him to pull over to the side of the road was not possible. "smile"..
but now because of your insight and love.. I can come back here time and time again.. and smile..
good luck with the picking.. nights are getting longer as you say.. strange weather once again.
thinking of you.. soft hugs

Ramblingon said...

Loving those photos Carrie. Especially much. That first one just made my morning for me (I got up maybe half an hour ago..the cat allowed me to sleep in {for us})
All of them are frame worthy. Gorgeous.

Kerry said...

What a great series of photos. I especially like the one with the horses and the last one.

Connie said...

Carrie, your photos are wonderful. Brought back memories of out trip to Oregon the end of March. The train followed the Columbia River...never tired of seeing it. We also ended up at Seaside, but was windy and cold, so didn't stay. We saw lots of windmills across Montana.
Thank you for sharing your journey.

Sandy's witterings said...

What a gorgious pile of photos - sweeping country, clouds sunsets, statues and a close up of a dragonfly - what more could you ask. You and your little camera do alright. Keep on blogging :)

Jorge said...

I'm glad my friend Jana led me to your site. You have some amazing photos here! Thanks for sharing.
Be well,
J.

wolf said...

a pleasant visual tour in your new art gallery! didn't realize it has been for more than 2 months..must missed a lot and got back again.

have a great weekend!

hugs,

Wolf.

michiko said...

Hi Carrie,
Just hopping to see your beautiful space:-)
I loved Columbia riva Rooted to a million view.
And vally of Haze.
Big Hugs,
Michiko

Lisa RedWillow said...

Hi Carrie. Thank you for stopping , your comments much appricated and the kindness that comes straight from you heart. I hear you and yes I agree with the steps.!!! and to breath.

Hugs to you
Lisa

Rick said...

I've had to spend some time here Carrie just looking at all your wonderful shots. It's been a number of years since I was in Beautiful BC - we used to visit frequently when we lived near Calgary. Supernatural I think they used to call it (or maybe still do ?).

Like Arnie said, "I'll be back."

Scott said...

Thanks for such a wonderful assortment of photos. It was nice to visit. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. I found your comment on the windmills interesting. I love the windmills. I think they are beautiful to look at and I love that we are using the wind to generate the power we so love to use. Hope to see you again often, and like Rick said above "I'll be back".